Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh | There is an atmosphere of tension in Gwalior on the birth anniversary of Emperor Mihir Bhoj. Section 144 has been imposed, along with a ban on all events on the birth anniversary of Mihir Bhoj in Gwalior Madhya Pradesh.
- Under this, the administration will keep a close watch on all kinds of rallies, processes, and inflammatory messages on social media.
- If any person comes out on the road with provocative posters, cutouts, banners, flexes, hoardings or flags targeting a particular community, then strict action has been ordered against him.
- Tight security arrangements have been made around the Mihir Bhoj Statue located at Chirwai Naka. Traffic has been diverted through this naka. A holiday has been declared in dozens of government and private schools in the region.
Gurjar vs Rajputs
It is being told that for the last three days, people of Gurjar Sena and Rajput community have been sending messages on social media to celebrate the birth anniversary of Emperor Mihir Bhoj. In this, a large number of people were invited to Chirwai Naka of Gwalior. As soon as this news was received by the administration, people from both sides have been warned.
What’s the controversy?
1 year ago on 8th September 2021, the statue of Emperor Mihir Bhoj was installed at Sheetla Mata Road Chiravai Naka Chauraha of Gwalior. The statue of Emperor Mihir Bhoj was unveiled by the Municipal Corporation. In this, only Samrat Mahir Bhoj was written on the nameplate. Then the nameplate was changed and the ‘Gurjar’ word was added in front of the name, he was named Gurjar emperor Mihir Bhoj.
The Rajput Kshatriya Samaj opposed this. The two communities Gurjars and Rajputs came face to face with each other. From here the dispute started regarding the caste of Emperor Mihir Bhoj.
Violent clashes have taken place between the two factions due to this matter. This matter is in the High Court, until it is decided which caste the emperor belonged to, the atmosphere of tension will remain in Gwalior and Chambal.
- Who was emperor Mihir Bhoj, controversy over his statue
- Why Gurjar community protesting against Jewar Airport?
- Now saffron flag hoisted on Bhil hero statue in Udaipur