Home » Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Farooq Abdullah takes the lead in Srinagar

Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Farooq Abdullah takes the lead in Srinagar

Lok Sabha Election 2019, Election Results 2019, Jammu Kashmir, Srinagar, Farooq Abdullah, Congress, BJP,PDP
Sharing is Important
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Wahid Bhat | SRINAGAR

Early trends show Farooq Abdullah is leading in Srinagar. Farooq Abdullah is seeking a fourth term in the lower house of Parliament from the Srinagar seat. Abdullah is pitched against political greenhorns Aga Moshin of the PDP, Irfan Ansari of the People’s Conference and Khalid Jehangir of the BJP.

Srinagar is one of six Lok Sabha constituencies in the northern state of Jammu and Kashmir. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18.

Srinagar registered 14.08% voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 11.62% from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 12,93,957 while 1,82,190 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 25.70% voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 12,04,958 while 3,09,696 voted.

Sheikh Khalid Jehangir of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Farooq Abdullah of the Jammu and Kashmir National Conference, Aga Syed Mohsin of the People’s Democratic Party and Abdul Rashid Ganie of the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party are some of the most prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency in Jammu & Kashmir.

READ:  बड़ी खबर: CISCE 12वीं बोर्ड की परीक्षाएं भी हुईं रद्द

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Tariq Hameed Karra of the People’s Democratic Party- won by a margin of over 42 thousand votes. However, following his resignation in 2016, by-elections were held. Farooq Abdullah defeated PDP’s Nazir Ahmad Khan by winning over 48 thousand votes.

In the year 2009, Farooq Abdullah of the Jammu and Kashmir National Conference defeated PDP candidate Iftikhar Hussain Ansari.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Muzaffar Hussain Baig of JKPDP won in this seat by defeating the JKNC candidate by a margin of 29,219 votes which was 6.27% of the total votes polled in the constituency. JKPDP had a vote share of 37.61% in 2014 in the seat. There were a total of 15 contestants in 2014.

In 2009, Sharief Ud Din Shariq of JKN emerged victorious in this seat by defeating the JKPDP candidate by a margin of 64,814 votes which was 14.69% of the total votes polled. JKN had a vote share of 46.01% in 2019, in the constituency. There were 13 contestants in 2009.

READ:  Rise in temperature is responsible for 37 percent of deaths due to heat

The voter turnout in the 2014 Parliamentary polls in the seat was 39.14% and in 2009, the constituency registered 41.84% turnout during polling.

As of December 2018, the Member of Parliament from Baramulla was: Muzaffar Hussain Baig (PDP) . The 2019 Lok Sabha election results are scheduled for Thursday, May 23, 2019.