Ground Report | New Delhi: From DA hike to AYUSH mission; Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a one-on-one meeting with his new cabinet on July 14, almost a year later. After the reshuffle in the Modi cabinet, many important decisions were taken in this meeting.
From DA hike to AYUSH mission
Union Minister Anurag Thakur addressed a press conference on these decisions. One of the big decisions of the Modi cabinet was the restoration of Dearness Allowance (DA).
It has been decided to remove the ban on DR for DA and pensioners. This will benefit about 60 lakh pensioners and 52 lakh central employees. (From DA hike to AYUSH mission)
Know the full details of the major decisions of the meeting here:
- Now the rate of DA will be increased from 17% to 28%. It will be implemented from 1 July 2021. Thakur told that its total budget will be Rs 34 thousand crore.
- It has been decided to continue the National AYUSH Mission from the financial year 2021-22 to 2025-26. A total of Rs 4607 crore will be spent in this.
- 12,000 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centers will be set up across the country. 6 AYUSH colleges, 12 AYUSH post graduate institutes will be constructed. The infrastructure of 10 undergraduate institutes will be upgraded.
- The scheme for promotion of flagging of merchant ships in India has been approved. For this, subsidy support will be given to Indian shipping companies in global tenders from Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and ministries.
- The North Eastern Institute of Folk Medicine (NEIFM) has been renamed as North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Folk Medicine Research (NEIAFMR).
- Separate parts of the Department of Animal Husbandry and Daring Schemes and Special Livestock Package will be reorganized to utilize an investment of Rs 54,618 crore.
- It has been decided to continue the Rebate of State and Central Taxes and Levies (RoSCTL) on export of Apparel/Garment and Made-up to boost exports in the global market.