Ground Report | New Delhi: Film Policy 2021; Jammu and Kashmir have the potential to host lakhs of film tourists which can help generate higher revenue in the coming years, officials have said. “Jammu and Kashmir has the potential to generate high revenue for millions of film tourists in the coming years”, According to the Film Policy 2021.
“Films shot in Jammu and Kashmir have helped in promoting existing as well as new tourist destinations”, News Agency KNO reported.
The policy states that the heritage and the spiritual site has also been another favorite place for shooting of films by most of the filmmakers. “Most of the destinations in J&K have gained tourist attraction by being the site for shooting some famous domestic films,” it reads.
Film Policy 2021
The film policy further states that adventure tourism in Jammu and Kashmir has given filmmakers additional opportunities to add adventure activities to their films.
“All the destinations where the films have been shot have witnessed a large increase in the number of tourists and there is a huge untapped potential for activities related to pre-production and post-production related to the film and television industry,” it reads. .
Describing the strategy of Film Policy-2011, the officials said that the local administration is making all possible efforts towards building a vibrant film ecosystem in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
The objective of the J&K Film Policy
- Through this launch, the state government plans to facilitate the overall development of J&K film industry, setting up of J&K Film Development Council as well as easy access to the website for talent pool and other shooting locations.
- Meanwhile, infrastructure for film screenings, revival of closed cinema halls, upgradation of existing cinema halls, promotion of multiplexes and cinema halls, destination marketing for the state, organizing festivals, preservation of JK Films, among others, are planned. It will be made accordingly. .
- Among other developments, the government will set up signage boards with information related to the film to attract more tourists.
Easy way to understand:
- A simplified procedure for allowing production houses to produce films in Jammu and Kashmir through a single-window mechanism.
- The single-window mechanism will be chaired by the Jammu and Kashmir Film Development Council (JKFDC). Filmmakers have to apply online through J&K Single Window Portal jkfilm.jk.gov.in
- The Chairman will grant approval/rejection/approval with conditions to the filmmakers within the shortest possible time (2 to 4 weeks of filing the complete application on single window portal). A complete directory of all the locations available for shooting in J&K will be hosted on a single window portal for the convenience of the filmmakers.
- The final permission so granted shall contain the details of the Nodal Administrative Officer and the Nodal Security Officer. The Nodal Security Officer will be an officer of the Police Department, who will be responsible for facilitating the shooting of the film in matters relating to security and police. Proper security and security arrangements will be made free of cost to enable the filmmakers to complete the shoot.
- J&K Film Policy provides subsidy for first, second and third film shooting, subsidy for film produced by award winning producer director, TV shows, web series, OTT original shows and documentaries. If the filmmaker is giving work opportunity to the local artistes of J&K, then additional subsidy will be provided.