In the last few days, many such videos went viral on social media in which pet dogs attacked people in the elevator of high rice buildings of cities. There is a lot of anger among people due to such attacks.
First, let us tell you what were the cases on which people got angry and what steps you should take on dog attack?
Dog in the elevator case 1: German Shepherd Attacks Zomato guy in Navi Mumbai
In this case as soon as a Zomato delivery executive enters the elevator in an apartment in Navi Mumbai, a German Shepherd accompanying owner attacks Zomato guy’s crotch.
What happened in this case? – This incident happened on August 29, the name of the injured person is Narendra Periyar. His treatment is going on in a hospital. The dog owner is bearing all the cost of the treatment.
Dog in the elevator case 2: Pet Beagle bites 9-year-old inside lift
The second video came from Raj Nagar Extension in Ghaziabad where a pet beagle attacks a child inside the elevator of the building. In this, the child keeps crying with pain but the pet owner does not pay attention to it. People had expressed a lot of anger on this video.
What happened in this case? – Ghaziabad Police registered a case against the pet owner in this case. The child is undergoing treatment. The father of the child told that he had lodged a complaint with the police. Police station said that an FIR under Section 289 (Negligent conduct with respect to animals) has been registered and police teams have been deployed to identify the owner of the dog.
Pitbull attacks 10 year old boy in Ghaziabad
In Ghaziabad’s Sanjay Nagar Sector-23, a 10-year-old child was suddenly caught by a pet pitbull dog. After many attempts, the child was saved.
What happened in this case? – The child was given 150 stitches on the ear and face by the doctors.
What to keep in mind during dog attack?
- Not all dogs bite suddenly, it only happens when they are in fear or anxiety.
- Whenever you see a pet dog, ask its owner about its behavior, if the dog is friendly then only go close to it.
- If there is a dog in the elevator, try to take the stairs or do some weights. Because it becomes difficult to control the dog in the closed space.
- If a dog chases you while going by bike or car, do not stop and go fast, at such a time should not panic at all.
- If you are walking and the dog barks at you and falls behind, do not run. Try to scare him.
- If the dog is still not scared, keep walking and ask for help.
- If the dog attacks, try to shield yourself with your jacket or bag.
- Clasp yourself tightly to the ground and hide your mouth and hands. Not seeing much reaction, the dog will not attack.
How to treat dog bite?
- As a first aid, go home and wash the place where the dog has bitten. This will not let blood clot. And the virus will come out.
- After a while wash the place with soap. Let the blood flow. Do this for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe the wound with a clean cloth. Do not put any cream on it.
- Visit the nearest healthcare center and get treatment from the doctor.
- Keep an eye on the dog that has bitten. Dogs with rabies die within 10 days of being bitten.
- Do tell this to the doctor, it will help.
What are the laws?
- The owner of the dog will be punished under section 289 of the IPC for the bite of a pet dog.
- It carries a jail term of 6 months and a fine of Rs 1,000.
- According to the recent observation of the Supreme Court during the attack of Stray Dog, a case can be filed against the person who feeds them
Dog keeping rules
Pet registration is mandatory. This registration also has to be renewed on time.
- 5 Proven Ways to Make Your Dogs Healthier
- Over 100 stray dogs poisoned to death in Karnataka
- Dogs can identify truth and falsehood: Research
- What Is a Sploot, Why Do Dogs and Cats Do It?
- Explained: New rules for Animal Birth Control in India