A 10-year-old boy, a victim of sexual violence in the Seelampur Police Station area of Delhi, died Saturday morning at Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Hospital.
A Delhi police officer investigating the case has confirmed the death of the suffering child, he said. This ten-year-old boy was sexually abused by three friends. Among them is one of his first cousin. After this incident on September 18, the child victim did not inform the family.
After the incident, the victim was admitted to the ICU of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital (LNJP). All the children involved in the incident are in the age group of 10-12 years.
“We were with him and then some doctors came in and said his heart had stopped beating. They asked to wait outside and after a few minutes they said he was gone,” the boy’s mother said.
She said: “Initially we had been told that we could take him home next week. How can he die suddenly?”
- The incident happened in Delhi on 18th September.
- Three children sexually abused a minor boy
- The victim child did not inform the family for several days
- The victim’s family delayed in filing the incident report
- The child was admitted to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital
- The child was undergoing treatment in the ICU for several days.
- Died during treatment on Saturday.
On September 24, the boy’s mother, after extensive counselling, revealed that three days earlier the boy was physically assaulted and sodomized by his three friends, police said.
The boy was under medical observation until he succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
The victim and the accused are neighbours and belong to the same age group of 1012 years. They come from the same community, police said. One case was registered under sections 377 (unnatural offences) and 34 (common intent) of the Indian Penal Code and the Child Sexual Offenses Protection Act (POCSO).
Meanwhile, the head of the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW), Swati Maliwal, said: “The boy suffered greatly and fought until his last breath. His killers must be severely punished! When we get angry so much and we feel pain, think about what you must be going through with your parents, may God give you strength in this difficult time.
- Nirbhaya like cruelty with a 10-year-old Dalit boy in Narwal UP
- Man held for sexually abusing woman in Delhi