Home » HOME » Chinese military camp in disputed area in Arunachal Pradesh

Chinese military camp in disputed area in Arunachal Pradesh

Chinese military camp in disputed area in Arunachal Pradesh
Sharing is Important

Ground Report | New Delhi: Chinese military camp in Arunachal; The village of 100 families built in the Indo-China disputed area in Arunachal Pradesh has been converted into a permanent military camp for the Chinese army long ago, ToI reported. Recently, a US report was told that China has settled a village with about 100 houses in the disputed area on the border of China with Arunachal Pradesh.

ALSO READ: India-China: No breakthrough in 13th round of talks

Additional Deputy Commissioner DJ Bora was sent to the area last year to ascertain the situation at the ground level. DJ Bora was posted in the Kaduka division of the Upper Subansuri district. He told after a survey in the year 2020 that the disputed area has been taken over by the Chinese Army People’s Liberation Army.

DJ Bora explains, “We saw that there are many big houses that seem to have been built for military purposes. When the Chinese PLA attacked this area in 1962, I was told that there were small military posts here.

The mountainous area where the Chinese army has built used to be India’s last military post before the 1962 war. Then it was called Maja Camp. After declaring this area as a disputed area, this camp of the Indian Army has come within 4-5 kilometers of Indian territory.

READ:  China is deploying missile and rocket regiment in Ladakh

The disputed land that China has occupied originally belongs to the Tagin community. In Arunachal Pradesh, full land ownership was the exclusive privilege of the community, tribe, or clan until 2018, when the Arunachal Pradesh (Land Settlement and Records) (Amendment) made a provision for individuals to own land without anyone else claiming it.

ALSO READ: Tension between India and China increased again

The tensions with India on the LAC led to an ongoing standoff between Chinese and Indian troops in mid-May 2020, which lasted till winter.

The standoff escalated on June 15, 2020, after clashes between the Indian Army and PLA troops in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh resulted in casualties on both sides including the death of 20 Indian soldiers.

In February 2021, the Central Military Commission (CMC) announced a posthumous award for four PLA soldiers, “although the total number of PRC casualties remains unknown”. The current standoff between the two countries has resulted in the first death in the last 45 years.

READ:  Actor Vikram Gokhale with Kangana's 'Azadi' statement

Despite agreements to disband in the spring of 2021, both sides retain troops along the LAC as corps commander-level talks slowly progress. The report said that differing perceptions of border demarcation along the LAC combined with recent infrastructure build-up led to several unarmed conflicts, an ongoing standoff and military build-up on both sides of the border.