Chandigarh MMS Case: A student of a University located in Punjab’s Mohali was accused of leaking nude videos of 60 girls on an adult site. After this, there was big chaos in the university. But the police later told that the girl had only sent her video to her boyfriend Sunny Mehta, and they didn’t find videos of other girls so far. Since then the protesting students calmed down.
Chandigarh MMS Case Latest Updates
So far three arrests have been made in this case-
- The student, a hostel resident arrested accused of voyeurism and under the IT Act.
- Her boyfriend, Sunny Mehta, 23- was arrested from Shimla.
- A second man, who works at a bakery, has also been arrested from Shimla
Rumors of 60 videos circulating online of girls bathing were found baseless
University Pro-Chancellor Dr. RS Bawa said in a statement, “The rumor of 60 objectionable MMS have been found of students is totally false and baseless”.
Mohali police chief Vivek Soni said there is only one video of the accused girl, that she sent to her boyfriend, She has not recorded videos of other girls”
The police have taken her electronic devices and mobile phones into her custody and they will be sent for forensic examination. In case something is deleted from the phone.
The girl confessed she recording videos, and deleted them after getting caught
According to Dainik Bhaskar Report, Girl has admitted that she made videos and deleted in fear of getting caught, but the police version is saying a different story.
The Punjab Police’s action in the Chandigarh University incident seems to be completely hasty. On one hand, in the FIR, the girl’s hostel manager is saying that the girl has accepted the charge. The accused boy also sent her obscene screenshots. Despite this, SSP Viveksheel Soni says that the girl only made her own video.
Late-night protests took place at the University
Many students came out to protest this incident. Protests took place post-midnight at the university campus they demanded #JucticeForCUGirls.
Some students said that people are still searching for the Chandigarh MMS video link, please delete that video if you have it. Show some humanity.
Strip her & film her: Chandigarh University warden
In a viral video, the Chandigarh University hostel warden scolded the girl student who allegedly leaked objectionable videos. She is saying “Strip her naked and film her,” The warden is also heard threatening the girl.
- A ruckus broke out at a private university near Chandigarh late Saturday night after a obscene video went viral.
- A campus student has been accused of making obscene videos of many girl students.
- Allegation on the student that she sent the videos to a boy in Shimla who made them viral on adult site.
- Mohali SSP said that till now no evidence has been found of many girl students attempting suicide, and the accused student has been arrested.
- Some female students were taken to hospital but there is no evidence of attempted suicide in doctors’ medical reports so far.
- The university administration also called the girl students a rumor, saying that the girl students had fainted during the uproar.
- Many ministers of the Punjab government appealed to maintain peace, and said – the guilty will not be spared.
- Calling the incident unfortunate, Punjab Minister for Women’s Development and Social Justice Baljit Kaur said the incident would be thoroughly investigated.
“Sad to hear the incident of Chandigarh University. Our daughters are our pride. Have ordered a high-level inquiry into the incident. Whoever is guilty will take strict action. I am constantly in touch with the administration. I appeal to all of you to avoid rumours.”Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann
“In Chandigarh University, a girl has gone viral by recording objectionable videos of many girl students. This is very serious and shameful. All the culprits involved in this will get the harshest punishment. Victim girls have courage. We are all with you. All act with patience”.Arvind Kejriwal, Delhi CM
Punjab State Women Commission Chairperson Manisha Gulati said “This is a serious matter, an investigation is underway. I am here to assure parents of all students that the accused won’t be spared”.
Punjab Minister of School Education Harjot Singh Bains has appealed to the students of the university to keep calm. No one guilty will be spared. It’s a very sensitive matter and relates to the dignity of our sisters and daughters. We all including media should be very very cautious, it is also a test of ours now as a society,” the minister tweeted.
Congress leader Pawan Khera tweeted “To all responsible Indians, please do not repost, forward or share any MMS/video of the #chandigarhuniversity horror. Let us be a digitally responsible society,” he tweeted.