Ground Report | New Delhi: Amit Shah in Jammu and Kashmir; Union Home Minister Amit Shah is going to reach Jammu and Kashmir today for a three-day tour. After the removal of Article 370, the Home Minister is reaching Jammu and Kashmir for the first time.
Amit Shah in Jammu and Kashmir
Recently in Jammu and Kashmir, due to the killing of some civilians including Kashmiri Pandits, outsiders by terrorists, questions were being raised on law and order.
The CRPF and the police have deployed drones to ensure aerial surveillance of the Lal Chowk area of Srinagar and areas where members of the minority community are guarding. Shah is arriving in Jammu and Kashmir at a time when Kashmir has been flooded with selective killings and a deadly encounter for the ninth consecutive day at Bhata-Dhurian in Jammu’s Poonch district.
Security Tightened Ahead Of Visit
Special commandos and additional forces have been deployed in the twin capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu for the smooth visit of Home Minister Shah. A senior police officer said that elaborate security arrangements have been made for the hassle-free journey of the VVIPs. “Additional forces have been deployed at sensitive places and mobile vehicles will also ply around the city center to keep a close watch on the suspects,” as reported by news agency KNO.
At Lal Chowk, Srinagar’s commercial hub, police, and CRPF successfully test-fired drones to keep areas where members of the minority community are living under surveillance. “We have successfully conducted the drone test today. The aim of this exercise is to keep Lal Chowk and the areas where members of the minority community are living under constant surveillance,” said CRPF Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Mathew A John.
ALSO, READ: Women frisked in Kashmir, first time since 90’s
Sources said police continued to crack down on bikes in Srinagar and elsewhere as part of a major security exercise in the wake of the Union Home Minister’s visit to Jammu and Kashmir. Bemina resident Latif Ahmed said, “I had proper documents of my two-wheeler and yet my bike was confiscated in Ram Munshibagh area of Srinagar.”
- Amit Shah will chair the security review meeting at Raj Bhavan, Srinagar at 12.30 pm.
- He will also interact with the members of youth circles of Jammu and Kashmir at 4.45 pm.
- Amit Shah will inaugurate the first direct international flight between Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir and Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates. HM will inaugurate the flight at 6 pm.
- Ahead of Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s visit to Jammu and Kashmir, local police jointly put up an aerial surveillance cover for areas where minorities live in Srinagar as well as in city center Lal Chowk.
- In addition, a total of 50 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) teams have been deployed in J&K for security purposes.