Home » 3rd terrorist attack in Kashmir

3rd terrorist attack in Kashmir

Sharing is Important

Ground Report | Srinagar

Six persons, including a CRPF personnel and a policeman, were injured in a grenade attack by militants in in Pakherpora village of Budgam, central Kashmir, on Tuesday afternoon.

Reports reaching here said that militants hurled a grenade towards joint deployment of 181 battalion of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and police in Pakherpora.

In the attack, Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (ASI), Ghulam Rasool, alias Dilawar, CRPF constable Santosh Kumar, and four pedestrians sustained splinter injuries.

All the injured people were evacuated to Sub-District Hospital (SDH) Pakherpora for further treatment.

A doctor at SDH, Pakherpora, identified two of the four injured civilians as Shafeeq Ahmad Najar and Irfan Wani. The doctor said that the other two people are women — in their 40s and 50s.

The doctor said that the injured civilians were referred to Shri Maharaja Hari Singh (SMHS) hospital, Srinagar, for advanced treatment.

The injured cop and CRPF man were shifted to Sub District Hospital Pakherpora while the injured civilians were referred to SMHS hospital in Srinagar for advanced treatment.

The injured cop was identified as the Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (ASI) Ghulam Rasool alias Dilawar while the CRPF man was identified as Constable Santosh Kumar.Both as per the officials have received minor injuries

READ:  Govt builds tunnels connecting Kashmir with Ladakh

A police officer also confirmed the incident. Meanwhile, the area has been cordoned off to nab the attackers.

However Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Dilbagh Singh said that anti-militancy operations will be intensified further across Kashmir and that the security forces have to bear losses in the form of killing of its men, at times.

The DGP was speaking to media men at RTC Humhama on the sidelines of wreath laying ceremony of three CRPF men killed in a brief shoot out at Wangam, Kralgund Handwara yesterday evening in which a mentally unsound boy was also killed.

“After covering their area, the CRPF men were standing in an orchard and they saw some civilians coming and asked them to stop. There were two militants behind civilians who opened fired at the CRPF men, who retaliated fully.

In between, a mentally unsound boy got stuck and he also died,” DGP Singh said. He paid rich tributes to security forces personnel who laid their lives recently including those killed in yesterday’s attack.

READ:  Dubai will make huge investment in Kashmir: Govt

Replying to a query that whether militants have intensified their attacks on forces, the J&K police chief said that security arrangements will be further strengthened and anti-militancy operations further intensified across Kashmir.

“You must have seen that security arrangements were already strengthen and anti-militancy operations were going on and these will be further intensified,” he said.